Ignou Grade Card- After the declaration of result, the Indira Gandhi National Open University updates the marks of all the students in their respective grade card. It is a very important document provided to the students in the form of hard copy as well as soft copy by the university.
It consists of all the required information about student result like term end theory marks, assignment marks, project marks, practical marks and Status about the courses of their programme.
The university conducts the Term End Theory as well as practical examination twice in a year in the months of June and December. So, the result is also declared twice in a year f these examinations. The university updates the student’s result grade card in every six months with the required result information.
In this section, we are providing the option for all the students to check their latest Ignou grade card status for various programmes such as Master Degree, Bachelor Degree, Bachelor Preparatory, Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma, Certificate and Post Graduate Certificate. The students will be able to check their result grade card for programmes such as BDP, BA, B.Com, B.Sc., BCA, B.Ed, BTS, B.Com, MCA, M.Ed, BBARL, MBA, MA, M.Sc., M.Com, MTM, etc.
For few of these programmes, the grade card document consists of marks in numeric form whereas for other programmes, it consists of marks in the form of Alphabetical grades (like A,B,C,D,E). It is not necessary that university will update the grade card only after the declaration of result.
In some cases, if the assignment marks are not updated or revaluation result is pending, then also the the marks in the grade card will be updated by university. It can be considered as final only when the result of theory examinations as well as assignments for all the courses will be updated in it. The students will be declared as pass when they secure the satisfactory grades in both Theory examination as well as in solved assignments.
The student will be declared as pass only when the status in front of any subject is shown as ‘completed’ in the grade card. In case, if any student fails to secure minimum of ‘D’ Grade in the Term-End Examination, then he/ she will be considered as fail but he/ she will be eligible to reappear in the next examination for the course.
In case, if students secure Grade ‘D’ in an assignment as well as term-end examination for any course, then they have an option either to re-do assignment for the course or re-appear in term-end examination.
For Programmes such as BCA/MCA/MP/MPB:
For Other Programmes:
For the student’s convenience, we have mentioned below the grading system adopted by university to provide them marks. There are three ways in which student has been assigned marks. These system includes the following three types: Letter grade, Qualitative level and Point grade.
- Letter Grade – The university assigns the letters A,B,C,D and E as grades to students as per they secure marks their score in the examination. The university has provides the system of converting the overall letter grades to percentage equivalents. It is mentioned below:
- A = 80% and Above
- B = 60% to 79.9%
- C = 50% to 59.9%
- D = 40% to 49.9%
- E = Below 40%
- Qualitative level – The letter grading system has qualitative equivalents as well e.g. if any student secures “A” grade then it is qualitatively equivalent to “Excellent”. In the same way, all the grades from A to E can be interpreted as mentioned below:
- A- Excellent
- B- Very good
- C- Good
- D- Satisfactory
- E- Unsatisfactory
- Point Grade – For some programmes, the university follows the point grade system. The student who secure above 80% and above will be assigned the highest available point grade i.e. 5. we have mentioned below the point grade equivalents. These are mentioned below:
- 5- Excellent-A
- 4- Very Good-B
- 3-Good- C
- 2- Satisfactory- D
- 1-Unsatisfactory- E
Incoming search terms:
- ignou grade card calculator
- ignou grade card percentage calculator online
- ignou grade card percentage calculator
- ignou percentage calculator for bdp
- ignou bed grade card percentage calculator
- ignou grade card with percentage of marks
- ignou percentage calculator free download