Ignou admission July 2017-The Indira Gandhi National Open University is the one of the biggest Open distance learning Universities in the whole world as it has established its centres in many parts of the world. The learners who are registered with the university and pursuing various distance learning courses are huge in number.
The university offers admission to the learners in its various programmes twice in a year i.e. in January and July academic sessions. These programmes include the Master Degree (MBA, MCA, MA, M.Com, M.Sc., MTM, MSW), Bachelor Degree (BDP, BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BCA, BTS, BBARL, B.Ed), Diploma, Bachelor Preparatory, Certificate, M.Phil, Ph.D, etc.
Earlier in the year, the university had offered admission to a large number of students to its January 2017 academic session. But now its the time for Ignou admission July 2017. The admissions are all set to start from 6th February 2017 for July session.
The latest notification related to admission has been already announced and published by the university on its official website as well as in the local daily newspapers.
In Ignou, the learners can take admission in most of the programmes in both January and July academic cycles. But there are few professional programmes such as B.Ed, M.Ed, MBA, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing(BSCN(PB)), etc for which admission is provided by the university in July session only.
Last date of Ignou Admission:
The last date to submit application form can be checked online in the latest admission notification or advertisement which can be downloaded from the university official website at following the path : www.ignou.ac.in > Student Support > Student Zone > Admission Announcement.
If the university extends the last date, then also the new notification will be published at the same path mentioned above. For the student’s convenience, we have mentioned the dates below:
||(Without any late fee)
||(With late fee of Rs.300/-)
|Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP), Advanced Certificate, PG Certificate, Appreciation Course on Environment;Population and Sustainable Development
|Master Degree, Bachelor Degree, Diploma, PG Diploma
|For programmes such as B.Com (A&F), M.Com (F&T), B.Com (CA&A), M.Com (BP&CG), B.Com (F&CA) and M.Com (MA&FS) which has been offered by IGNOU in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
||17th August 2016
||31st August 2016
The Indira Gandhi National Open University was established in the year 1985 with an objective to provide an opportunity to people from rural and urban areas to pursue their higher studies irrespective of age, region, religion and gender.
It aims at taking education to the doorsteps of the learners by promoting and developing distance education in India. Also, the university provides a great opportunity for those who have left their studies at the school level and discontinued it.
They can take admission to bachelor degree programme by pursuing the six-month duration Bachelor Preparatory programme from the university. The university publishes all its admission notifications online at www.ignou.ac.in.
The learners who are interested in taking admission to any of the available distance education programme can visit the nearest regional centre to obtain the prospectus.To obtain the hard copy of Student Handbook and prospectus, the learners have to pay a sum of Rs.200/- at cash counters in the regional centre.
The learners can also download the soft copy from university official website. It contains all the important information about the programme like eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, age limit, courses, etc. So, it is very important to read out prospectus carefully before applying for admission online or offline.
Ignou Admission Procedure:
There are two ways by which students can apply for admission. These two ways are Online and Offline.
1) Admission by submitting the application form at Regional Centre (Offline Method): Below we have mentioned the easy steps to apply for admission to any of the programme through an offline method. These are as follows:
- The students can obtain the admission form from the nearest regional centre or they can download it from the university website. Also, the students can obtain various forms from their prospectus as well.
- After filling up the admission form, they need to submit it to their nearest regional centre along with the fee and required documents.
- The students need to pay the fee in the form of demand draft made in favour of IGNOU payable at the city of their regional centre.
- Before submitting the admission form, please take the photocopy of it as well as of demand draft for future reference in case of any dispute.
- The students can check their registration status at university website after 10-15 days of form submission.
- After the admission got confirmed, the students are provided with the study material and booklet of tutor marked assignments.
2) IGNOU Online Admission: With the advancement in technologies and access to computer and the internet to the large area of population, the Indira Gandhi National Open University provides an opportunity for the learners to apply for admission online.
Students can fill up online admission form by making use of the internet. If the students apply for admission online, they have to pay the programme admission fee via online payment method as well. At present, the students can pay their fee using Debit Card or Credit Card payment methods only.
The students who are already registered with the university can fill up their Re-Registration form online as well on the official website.
Dear visitors, If you want to receive regular updates about Ignou admission, please subscribe with us by filling our subscription form by entering your email id.